Magazine article Screen International

Toulouse's Cinélatino to Go Ahead despite Killings

Magazine article Screen International

Toulouse's Cinélatino to Go Ahead despite Killings

Article excerpt

Festival cancels open-air inaugural ceremony but rest of event, running March 23 to April 1, remains intact.

The organisers of the Cinélatino Rencontres de Toulouse have announced the event will go ahead in spite of the recent killings of three school children and a teacher in a Jewish school in its home city earlier this week.

Francis Saint-Dizier, president of the festival devoted to Latin American cinema, said in a statement that an open-air inaugural ceremony scheduled for Friday would be cancelled but that the rest of the festival would go ahead as planned.

"Faced with the situation created by the recent racist and anti Semitic killings in and around Toulouse over the last few days, we have decided to cancel the open-air opening ceremony scheduled for Friday," he said in a statement. …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.