Magazine article Business Credit
Total Quality Leadership - at Cherry, Customer Satisfaction
Total quality leadership (TQL) is a cultural commitment to excellence in all facets of our operations --product, service, and professionalism. Here at Cherry Electrical Products, our focus is on the customer. Our goal is to be the benchmark from which standards for customer satisfaction are set.
Identifying our customers is our first objective. Each individual or group, whether internal or external, is recognized. The quality of company performance directly reflects the successful completion of internal colleagues' specific job tasks. It quickly becomes evident that this domino effect is essential for the total satisfaction of external customers.
To be successful, we must focus on communications. There are six key elements which are vital.
1. Identify internal customers. While they may not be directly serving external customers, they certainly are performing a service for colleagues internally.
2. Identify moments of truth. Consciously focus on positive vs. negative measures.
3. Provide systems and procedures which are helpful. These systems and procedures should help the work flow easier internally and satisfy the customer's needs externally. Always refine and streamline, where possible. "Just because we've always done it this way, doesn't mean we should continue to do it." Encourage open and active participation for system and procedure improvements.
4. Improve communications. Prior to a scheduled meeting, attendees should be provided with a formal agenda stating its purpose and objectives. The meeting should be constructive, positive, and decisive.
5. Offer support. Be available to help out your colleagues. Be positive.
6. Make your environment a pleasant place to work. Become efficient, organized, and neat.
Keep in mind all six elements have one objective in common. Good service is giving people a little more than they expect. Excellent service is enjoying giving people a little more than they expect.
Once our identification of internal and external customers is recognized and key elements implemented, we move toward the accomplishment of total customer satisfaction. …