Magazine article Screen International

CNN Cancels Clinton Doc

Magazine article Screen International

CNN Cancels Clinton Doc

Article excerpt

CNN said on Monday (30) it had cancelled its Hillary Clinton documentary after Oscar-winning director Charles Ferguson pulled out due to what he described as difficulties in getting potential interviewees to talk and wide political disapprobation.

The company issued a release saying it respected Ferguson's decision. The filmmaker won the best documentary Oscar in 2011 for his financial crisis film Inside Job.

In an article on The Huffington Post earlier in the day, Ferguson said CNN Films had approached him in 2012 to direct a film. The parties eventually settled on a film about Clinton, Barack Obama's former Secretary Of State who is tipped to run for the Presidency in 2016.

But the project fell apart after Ferguson claimed he repeatedly came up against a wall of silence.

"[W]hen I approached people for interviews, I discovered that nobody, and I mean nobody, was interested in helping me make this film," Ferguson wrote. "Not Democrats, not Republicans - and certainly nobody who works with the Clintons, wants access to the Clintons, or dreams of a position in a Hillary Clinton administration. …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.