With new technologies and with increasingly rapid means of communication, today's insurance professional can no longer afford to remain isolated.
The new global arena demands that today's insurance industry novice learn quickly, that the seasoned professional continue to learn and keep abreast of the latest developments all over the world, and that upper management maintain a constant vigil on the latest industry trends and challenges.
The need for instant news and views
What is quickly emerging as equally important is the need to obtain information and the views of industry experts as rapidly as possible and as cost effectively as possible.
Dennis N. Richard may have the solution. The former producer of a television insurance industry program called "The Premium Dollar," Richard is now launching the Insurance Broadcast System, or IBS, a complete television broadcasting network developed for--and dedicated to--the insurance industry Richard is chairman and chief executive officer of the new facility serving the insurance industry.
IBS will broadcast live, up-to-the-minute worldwide insurance news, informational and educational programming to insurance companies, brokers, agents, risk managers, analysts, law firms, accounting firms, regulators and others who have a constant need to keep on top of the latest domestic and global insurance developments.
Programming will emanate from IBS studios in New York and Los Angeles and will be delivered via direct broadcast satellite directly to subscribers' conference room televisions and desktop PCs. IBS will also provide private teleconferencing services
A working tool for the insurance industry
Says Richard, CEO: "Our aim is to be a working tool for the insurance industry and to assist our subscribers to inform and educate their personnel in all of the latest up-to-date issues that affect their business."
IBS programming will include:
* "IBS Live World-Wide Insurance News"
* "The World of Insurance," with Herbert E. Goodfriend, KPMG Peat Marwick
* "Legal & Regulatory Issues," with Joseph P. Decaminada, Atlantic Mutual Cos.
* "Effective Loss Control," with Charles H. Morgan, Zurich American
* "Risk Management," with Gregory F. Hidden, ARM, American General Hospitality, Inc.
* "Public Policy Issues," with Mavis A. Walters, Insurance Services Office
* "Broker's World," with Carl A. Modecki, National Association of Insurance Brokers
* "Educational Forum," with Jack M. …