Magazine article Screen International

Henry Cavill Pulls out of ‘Stratton’

Magazine article Screen International

Henry Cavill Pulls out of ‘Stratton’

Article excerpt

Henry Cavill has pulled out of the leading role in Special Forces thriller Stratton, less than a week before shooting was set to begin on June 2.

Action director Simon West (Con Air, The Expendables 2) was due to start shooting in London and Rome from next week on the film, based on the first of a series of novels by Duncan Falconer.

GFM Films is providing finance and worldwide sales and was selling the film at Marché du Film in Cannes last week.

But GFM co-founder Guy Collins told ScreenDaily that it was now contacting distributors to inform them of the change.

"After securing many distribution deals ahead of the market, we had a really good Cannes and had closed more deals ahead of production next week," said Collins.

"But just before leaving Cannes last Friday we were informed by the production company that they wanted to push the start date back by around three weeks to finalise some additional casting and make some further fixes to the script.

"Then, during several meetings this week in London with both sets of producers including Henry Cavill, he told us he has decided not to shoot this script at this time. He had a different vision of what the film should be to us and the production team and wanted to delay production until September and shoot a different story and script."

The project was originally optioned and developed by Ileen Maisel and Lawrence Elman's Amber Entertainment Ltd, who are co-producers with Promethean Productions, the new production company created by Henry Cavill, his brother Charlie Cavill and producer Rex Glensy. …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.