Greystreet hotel is a chic new boutique hotel in the city centre. With a cool and minimalistic feel, it is the perfect setting for high-end seminars, boardroom meetings and presentations for up to 100 attendees.
* For private dining events visit the award-winning The Living Room with the hotel and restaurant/bar catering for 120 and 200 guests respectively.
* Jesmond Dene House, built in 1822, is undergoing a pounds 7m refurbishment to convert the mansion into a boutique hotel with facilities for business meetings, just minutes from the city centre.
* Holiday Inn Express opens this month in the city centre. It will boast 130 en suite guest rooms and two meeting rooms each catering for 29 delegates.
* Matfen Hall Hotel Spa and Golf Course has had a pounds 4.5m extension, with leisure and spa facilities, state-of-the- art conference rooms and more bedrooms, to make it the largest independently- owned and operated country house hotel in the region. It is the only spa in the world to offer Versace skin treatments. It offers two golf courses and on its staff is John Harrison, one of the top 20 teaching golf pros in the UK, according to Golf World.
* This year sees the start of dramatic changes of conference facilities at The George Washington Golf and Country Club. Set in 280 acres, it is creating a 1,000-delegate conference block in 2006, with a minimum of six break-off rooms ( making it one of the largest conferencing facilities in the North-East.
Other developments include refurbishment of all 103 bedrooms and golf course improvements.
* LIFE Conferencing and Banqueting is a contemporary venue with first-class facilities. It offers a private entrance and mini business centre and its Scotswood Suite can be used for exhibitions or conferences or split into rooms.
Life Bioscience Centre also offers three architecturally- distinctive rooms with natural daylight. It is ideal for drinks receptions and private dining. It has the world's longest motion simulator ride which can act as a great ice-breaker!
* Copthorne Hotel on Newcastle Quayside offers rooms for groups from under 10 to as many as 200. Eight of its nine conference rooms have river views, including three with balconies overlooking the water. It offers luxurious accommodation and leisure facilities.
* Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park is set in over 12 acres of wooded parkland, two minutes from the A1. …