- Georgia Southern University's Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health was awarded a $200,000 contract to provide evaluation services for "New Tools, New Visions 2." The three-year initiative is being funded by the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida has donated $2,500 to Voices of Children of the First Coast Inc. The nonprofit organization will use the donation for general operating support.
- The RITA Foundation (Research is the Answer) presented Shands Jacksonville's Breast Health Center with $25,000. Proceeds will go toward the purchase of an additional core biopsy device.
- Ann Crook, University of North Florida's assistant vice president for development, has been elected to the board of the Sanctuary on 8th Street.
- Cary Herold has been elected chair of the Democratic Executive Committee.
- Clary & Associates has celebrated its 25th anniversary, with special guest speaker Fred Meiners, Seamark Ranch's executive director.
- David Akins was elected president of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Keith Hicks, residential division chief for the Duval County Property Appraiser's office, was awarded the Residential Evaluation Specialist designation by the International Association of Assessing Officers .
- Florida's Small Business Development Center Network recently presented its Performance Excellence Awards. Recipients included: Pamela Korn, regional volunteer of the year; Cathy Hagan, regional certified business analyst of the year; and Philip Geist, regional employee of the year.
- The Keep Jacksonville Beautiful commission has elected board members Lynn Thompson (Thompson Writing & Editing) as chair and Susan Harrell (JaxPride) as vice chair.
- Ron Lukens-Bull, associate professor of anthropology at the University of North Florida, was awarded a Fulbright Senior Grant to conduct research and to lecture at the State Islamic Institute in North Sumatra.
- Stellar has announced that it will build the new sanctuary for the congregation of the Hendricks Avenue Baptist Church in San Marco. For more information on the construction company and its efforts, go to stellar.net.
- Donovan's Irish Pub recently opened in St. Johns County. The pub is located at 7440 U.S. 1 N. For more information visit www.donovans-irishpub.com or call (904) 829-0000.
Commercial bankruptcy cases for Clay, Duval, Nassau and St. …