Newspaper article Daily News (Warwick, Australia)

Multi-National ,Cysqueezes Our Farmers'

Newspaper article Daily News (Warwick, Australia)

Multi-National ,Cysqueezes Our Farmers'

Article excerpt

SLASHED contract prices being offered by Tokyo-controlled National Foods were threatening the very future of dairying in Queensland, the State Opposition said.

LNP primary industries spokesman Ray Hopper said new the contracts were roundly 23 per cent lower Co down from 56.23 cents to 49.19c a litre for just 70 per cent of last year's volumes. For the remaining 30 per cent, farmers were being offered just 30 cents a litre.

"It's an absolute insult," Mr Hopper said. "There's been no cut in local retail prices or volume to justify this C*this is all about a big, greedy multi-national squeezing local Queensland producers because it can."

Mr Hopper said deregulation had been a double-edged sword Co allowing some producers to exit the industry, but for those who stayed it was now looking like death-by-a-thousand-cuts.

"The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is supposed to be investigating the actions of National Foods C*I've seen no benefits to consumers. …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.