Newspaper article Sunshine Coast Daily (Maroochydore, Australia)
We Are nation,COs PayPal Hotspot
Increase in payments March Cy12 Co March Cy13
1. Gold Coast and hinterland: 28%
2. Adelaide: 45%
3. NSW Northern Rivers (Byron Bay): 36%
4. NSW Mid North Coast (Lismore): 56%
5. Regional Victoria (Torquay): 52%
6. Sunshine Coast (Caloundra, Meridan Plains, Currimundi): 33%
7. Sunshine Coast (Maroochydore): 58%
8. Cairns: 54%
9. Sunshine Coast (Nambour, Parklands): 51%
10. Regional Victoria (Highton): 80%
*ranked according to total payments
JIM DeakinCOs Caloundra 4X4 Accessories business is one of the booming Sunshine Coast PayPal users leveraging online retail to reach new customers.
He gathers 50% of his sales from online sources, with PayPal acting as the secure link between customers and his products. And in the five years since heCOs been open, he said his online business has grown at 50% a year.
Parts of our region have been named in three of the top 10 regional hotspot locations for payments volume over the past year.
C[pounds sterling]We use PayPal through our eBay store and online website,C[yen] Mr Deakin said. …