Newspaper article THE JOURNAL RECORD

The Journal Record Business Briefs: June 6, 2013

Newspaper article THE JOURNAL RECORD

The Journal Record Business Briefs: June 6, 2013

Article excerpt

Oklahoma Arts Council funding cutOKLAHOMA CITY - Less funding will be available for Oklahoma's arts and cultural industry in the fiscal year starting July 1 than the current fiscal year, the Oklahoma Arts Council announced Wednesday. The Art Council's state appropriation will remain at $4 million, the same as the current fiscal year. Federal sequestration will result in a 6.6-percent reduction in the agency's National Endowment for the Arts grant. Overall, the council will have $47,600 less to invest in the industry than last year when its fiscal year begins July 1.Oklahoma Arts Council Executive Director Amber Sharples said the cut in NEA funding due to sequestration was expected because the federal government did not reach a bipartisan agreement on deficit reduction."Our partnership grant from the National Endowment for the Arts is about 15 percent of our total budget, so reductions to it will affect our ability to serve an important industry in our state, one that helps us build a creative workforce, attract businesses, and improve quality of life for Oklahomans," Sharples said.About 85 percent of the council's budget is from state appropriations. The remaining 15 percent is provided through a National Endowment for the Arts partnership grant.- Staff reportWPX increases Piceance drilling TULSA - WPX Energy has expanded drilling plans for western Colorado's Piceance Basin.Tulsa-based WPX plans to use seven drilling rigs in the Piceance Basin for the remainder of 2013, up from its previously announced five-rig drilling plan. WPX said $60 million is needed to add the two rigs. The increase is in line with WPX's range of $1 billion to $1.2 billion for 2013 capital spending. "Now's the right time for us to accelerate our natural gas production and the Piceance is the right place to start," said Ralph A. Hill, WPX's president and CEO. "Natural gas prices are stronger, and this helps lay the groundwork for our 2014 development. The additional drilling this year will target the company's reserves in the Williams Fork formation, where WPX has developed more than 4,100 tight sands wells.- Staff reportTulsa County sets delinquent tax property auctionTULSA - The 2013 Tulsa County treasurer's sale of delinquent tax property scheduled Monday will include about 500 properties. …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.