Newspaper article MinnPost.com

Dayton Orders Flags at Half-Staff for the San Bernardino Victims

Newspaper article MinnPost.com

Dayton Orders Flags at Half-Staff for the San Bernardino Victims

Article excerpt

Gov. Mark Dayton has called for flags to be lowered to half- staff around the state in memory of the shooting victims in San Bernardino.

President Barack Obama had made the same call for flags nationwide.

Fourteen people were killed and 21 injured when armed attackers opened fire on a gathering at about 11 a.m. After a police chase, the armed attackers were killed in a shoot-out.

Last month, flags were lowered to honor the victims of the Paris terror attacks.

Said the governor's new proclamation: "The victims and their families deserve our honor, respect, and remembrance."

The president's proclamation said:

As a mark of respect for the victims of gun violence perpetrated on December 2, 2015, in San Bernardino, California, by the authority vested in me as President of the United States by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions through December 7, 2015. …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.