Newspaper article Manchester Evening News

Alonso Says He'll Be Back in F1 Next Season

Newspaper article Manchester Evening News

Alonso Says He'll Be Back in F1 Next Season

Article excerpt

FERNANDO Alonso, Formula One's two-time world champion, insists he will be on the grid for the 2016 curtain raiser in Australia.

McLaren chairman Ron Dennis claimed at the final race of the season in Abu Dhabi that Alonso, who has two years to run on his deal with the British team, may consider taking next year off from the sport.

But Alonso dismissed suggestions of a sabbatical and was definitive on his whereabouts for next year.

Asked if he will be in Melbourne for the season-opening Australian Grand Prix, Alonso, 34, said: "Yes.

"I talked to Ron on Friday, I told him what had been published. He said I didn't mean that and tomorrow I will clarify it. On Saturday he clarified but no one copied that.

"I said the opposite on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and I'm sure in January and February I will keep answering the same questions about my future. …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.