Newspaper article Manchester Evening News

Hart Remains Part of My England Plans, Says Allardyce

Newspaper article Manchester Evening News

Hart Remains Part of My England Plans, Says Allardyce

Article excerpt

NEW England boss Sam Allardyce has said Joe Hart will "definitely" be in his first squad when it is announced on Sunday.

Speaking at St George's Park one month on from his appointment as Roy Hodgson's successor, Allardyce confirmed goalkeeper Hart - who has lost his place at Manchester City to Willy Caballero under Pep Guardiola - will still be part of the England set-up for the opening World Cup qualifier in Slovakia on September 4. Hart, 29, endured a tough summer with England as they crashed out of the European Championship at the round-of-16 stage against Iceland.

And since then, new City boss Guardiola has told Hart he is free to leave the Etihad Stadium, preferring Caballero in his first three competitive matches in charge.

Despite that, Allardyce will select Hart - capped 63 times to date - in his maiden squad. …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.