Newspaper article Charleston Gazette Mail

Be Alert for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Newspaper article Charleston Gazette Mail

Be Alert for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Article excerpt

Cold weather has returned to West Virginia, and so have carbon monoxide poisonings. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that can be produced when fuels do not burn completely. Carbon monoxide can sicken or kill those exposed to high concentrations.

If anyone living in the home (including pets) experiences sleepiness, dizziness, headaches, confusion or weakness, immediately seek fresh air and call the West Virginia Poison Center at 1-800- 222-1222.

If anyone is unconscious or having convulsions (seizures), call 911.

To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, whether you are at home or at your hunting cabin, the West Virginia Poison Center offers these tips:

" Have gas appliances checked annually by a professional. …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.