Newspaper article THE JOURNAL RECORD

Phillips Unit, Union Texas Announce Another Discovery in China's Bohai Bay

Newspaper article THE JOURNAL RECORD

Phillips Unit, Union Texas Announce Another Discovery in China's Bohai Bay

Article excerpt

BARTLESVILLE (JR) -- Phillips China, a unit of Phillips Petroleum, and Union Texas Bohai announced a second oil discovery Tuesday in the Bozhong Block of China's Bohai Bay.

The new discovery is 35 miles southwest of a discovery announced in November.

The Bozhong 36-2-1 well was drilled to a total depth of 8,491 feet in 69 feet of water. Drill-stem tests over a 652-foot interval, within a gross hydrocarbon column of 1,909 feet, flowed oil at a maximum rate of 2,262 barrels per day. Test rates were limited by testing facilities on the drilling rig. The well was plugged and abandoned. The Bozhong 36-2-1 well was drilled in the south central sector of the 2.3-million-acre block in the Gulf of Bohai, 240 miles southeast of Beijing. Phillips China is the operator with a 60 percent interest; Union Texas Bohai, a unit of Union Texas Petroleum, holds the remaining 40 percent. China National Offshore Oil has the right to acquire up to a 51 percent interest in any proposed development. Phillips acquired the right to explore the Bozhong Block in 1994 when its China unit signed a petroleum contract with China National Offshore. …

Author Advanced search

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.