Newspaper article The Canadian Press

Business News as of 9 A.M. ET

Newspaper article The Canadian Press

Business News as of 9 A.M. ET

Article excerpt

Business News as of 9 a.m. ET

--

Tuesday, Aug. 7

9 a.m. ET

BUSINESS NEWS ADVISORY

Here are the top Business News stories from The Canadian Press as of 9 a.m. ET. All times are Eastern unless otherwise stated. Coverage plans are included when available. Entries are subject to change as news develops.

Queries should be addressed to the business desk at 416-507-2138. To reach CP Business by email, send messages to business@thecanadianpress.com.

TOP BUSINESS NEWS THIS HOUR

CAE announces $100 million of deals

CAE

MONTREAL -- CAE Inc. (TSX:CAE) has added more than $100 million worth of contract wins in China and Europe to its backlog. The Montreal-based company, which supplies a variety of pilot training equipment and services, says it sold three flight simulators to Air China with a total list value of $42 million.

___

TSX to catch up with Wall Steet, move higher

Dollar-Markets

TORONTO -- Toronto's main index appears set to move higher on Tuesday morning as it plays catch up with strength from the previous session on Wall Street, as well as higher commodities prices.The Canadian dollar rose back above parity, to 100.27 cents US. That's up 0.46 of a cent from Friday's close ahead of a Canadian holiday weekend.

___

Brookfield buys into Brazil toll roads

Brookfield-Brazil-Toll

HAMILTON -- Brookfield Infrastructure (TSX:BIP.UN) has announced a joint venture to acquire a 60 per cent interest in Brazilian toll road operator Obrascon Huarte Lain Brasil S.A. for $1.7 billion, including $600 million in assumed liabilities. Brookfield Infrastructure and its institutional partners would own 49 per cent of the joint venture and Abertis Infraestructuras S.A. the remaining 51 per cent.

ALSO IN THE NEWS

___

Loonie back above parity in morning

Loonie

TORONTO -- The loonie was back above parity early Tuesday as commodity prices moved higher while optimism lingered from the positive U. …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.