Newspaper article The Canadian Press

Former NHLer Deveaux Says No Warrant for His Arrest Issued after On-Ice Attack

Newspaper article The Canadian Press

Former NHLer Deveaux Says No Warrant for His Arrest Issued after On-Ice Attack

Article excerpt

Deveaux says no warrant issued after on-ice attack

--

TORONTO - Former NHL enforcer Andre Deveaux says Swedish authorities have not ordered his arrest for a violent attack on an opponent during a playoff game in March.

Deveaux says his lawyer Leif Silbersky has confirmed there isn't an arrest warrant.

"Mr. Silbersky spoke with the police on Tuesday, May 12, 2015," Deveaux said in a statement. "Contrary to media reports in Sweden and North America, Mr. Silbersky has confirmed there is no warrant for my arrest. My offer to answer any questions that the Swedish prosecutor may have still stands. They have not yet responded to Mr. Silbersky on that offer."

A Swedish news website had reported that a warrant had been issued and that report was picked up by many North American media outlets.

"I respectfully request that media outlets take greater care in how they reference my legal situation," said Deveaux, a 31-year-old Bahamian-born Canadian. "There is no warrant for my arrest and reporting otherwise would be untrue. …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.