Newspaper article The Canadian Press

Accused in Quebec Child Porn Bust Remain Detained; Return to Court on Thursday

Newspaper article The Canadian Press

Accused in Quebec Child Porn Bust Remain Detained; Return to Court on Thursday

Article excerpt

Accused in Quebec child porn case remain detained

--

MONTREAL - The 14 accused in an alleged juvenile pornography ring in Quebec will remain behind bars until at least Thursday when some of them may be freed while awaiting trial.

A bail hearing scheduled for Tuesday in Montreal was put off and the Crown says it will verify whether some of the men can provide the assurances it is seeking before it agrees to their release.

"Most of them have given us certain guarantees, which we have to check and, as I've said, there will be preliminary hearings for some," said Crown prosecutor Cynthia Gyenizse.

If the Crown is not satisifed once it verifies the information this week, a bail hearing will be held next week.

Thirteen men between 27 and 74 were arrested last week and face various charges, including possession and distribution of child pornography between 2003 and last month. …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.