Newspaper article Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Pittsburgh, PA)

Health Solutions

Newspaper article Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Pittsburgh, PA)

Health Solutions

Article excerpt

In the June 28 letter "Check Out Canada," F. Charles Spence suggests looking to Canada and other countries with single-payer, government-run health care for ideas to reform our system. But all of those foreign systems feature long waits for doctor appointments and tests, causing some who can afford it to come to this country for major medical procedures. Also, elderly patients are often denied expensive procedures. Is that what we really want here?

Furthermore, his claim that the proposed legislation would cause tens of millions to be without health care is simply untrue because it is against the law for medical institutions to deny health care to anyone.

About 7 percent of the people in our nation have inadequate health coverage, so why don't we find a way to take care of them without destroying the health care coverage of the other 93 percent? …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.