Newspaper article Manchester Evening News

New Appeal in Murder Inquiry

Newspaper article Manchester Evening News

New Appeal in Murder Inquiry

Article excerpt

DETECTIVES investigating the murder of a man who disappeared 18 years ago have issued a fresh appeal.

Martin Joyce - a father-of-one who would now be 46 - went missing aged 29 on September 7, 1999.

He was last seen at the former Bank of England pub in Ancoats.

Greater Manchester Police said in October last year that the force had been 'led to believe' that he's no longer alive, but refused to elaborate further.

A murder investigation was launched as a result, despite no body ever being found.

Detectives working on the investigation have launched a new appeal for the public's help to mark the anniversary of Martin's disappearance. Senior Investigating Officer Teresa Lam, of GMP, said: "This has been a long and gruelling investigation not only for the officers involved but for Martin's family who are no closer to getting the answers they need.

"Although it's been almost two decades since Martin was last seen, we will explore every avenue available to us so, if you know something, please get in touch with us. …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.