Newspaper article The Canadian Press

Quebec Suspect Charged with Murder in Amber Alert Case out of Coma: Lawyer

Newspaper article The Canadian Press

Quebec Suspect Charged with Murder in Amber Alert Case out of Coma: Lawyer

Article excerpt

Suspect in Amber Alert case out of coma: lawyer

--

MONTREAL - A man who fled authorities last week with his six-year-old boy and who was later charged in the slaying of the child's mother is close to being released from hospital, his lawyer said Thursday.

Pierre Gauthier says his 41-year-old client called him from the Ottawa hospital where he had been staying since an alleged suicide attempt last week while in police custody.

The suspect had reportedly been in a coma.

Quebec police issued an Amber Alert for the suspect's six-year-old boy after they discovered the body of the child's mother last Thursday night in Saint-Eustache, Que., north of Montreal.

The child's father was arrested Friday by Ontario provincial police and the boy was found safe in a stolen vehicle in eastern Ontario. …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.