Newspaper article The Canadian Press

Quebec Minister's Son Released; Charges Still Possible in Alleged Hit and Run

Newspaper article The Canadian Press

Quebec Minister's Son Released; Charges Still Possible in Alleged Hit and Run

Article excerpt

Quebec politician's son in alleged hit and run

--

MONTREAL - A son of Quebec Health Minister Gaetan Barrette has been released under a promise to appear after an alleged hit and run involving a cyclist in Montreal early Friday.

Geoffroy Barrette, 23, was questioned by police investigators for several hours before being allowed to go.

Police did not reveal the identity of the man but said he was taken into custody at 5 a.m. and freed about seven hours later.

Spokesman Daniel Lacoursiere says investigators will recommend two charges: hit and run causing bodily harm and reckless driving causing bodily harm.

Police say the accused's licence was valid, correcting earlier information it had been suspended.

The cyclist wasn't wearing a helmet and suffered serious head injuries, but is expected to survive. …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.