Newspaper article Manchester Evening News

Otamendi: 'We'll Cope with Stones Injury Blow'

Newspaper article Manchester Evening News

Otamendi: 'We'll Cope with Stones Injury Blow'

Article excerpt

NICOLAS Otamendi says City can cope without John Stones.

The England defender suffered a hamstring injury in last weekend's win over Leicester and faces at least a month on the sidlelines.

The blow came just as the Yorkshireman had been enjoying his best run of form since joining the club from Everton last year.

But Otamendi believes City - who kept a clean sheet in the win Champions League win over Feyenoord on Tuesday without Stones - will deal with the situation.

Vincent Kompany is set to return for Sunday's clash with Huddersfield and Eliaquim Mangala held his own with no problem against the Dutch.

Manager Pep Guardiola recently alluded to the fact that Danilo, Kyle Walker, Fernandinho and youngster Tosin Adarabioyo can also play at centre-back and Otamendi told the City website: "John's injury is a shame, but that's something that usually happens. …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.