Newspaper article The Canadian Press

Hearing for Man Charged in Violent Halifax Assault Put over until Next Month

Newspaper article The Canadian Press

Hearing for Man Charged in Violent Halifax Assault Put over until Next Month

Article excerpt

Sexual assault hearing put over in Halifax

--

HALIFAX - A hearing for a man charged with aggravated sexual assault and choking to overcome resistance after a woman said she was attacked in a Halifax home has been delayed again.

The Public Prosecution Service says the case of Sem Paul Obed was adjorned until Aug. 2 in Halifax provincial court Thursday.

The Crown has said it will oppose Obed's application for bail because he presents a significant risk to the community.

Obed was charged last month after a woman said she was sexually assaulted by a man who broke into a home on Cunard Street.

Police have said the suspect fled the home before the woman contacted officers at about 11:50 a.m. on June 1, and Obed was arrested at a home in the Fairview area less than five hours later. …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.