Newspaper article Manchester Evening News

Beckham Signs for Salford City

Newspaper article Manchester Evening News

Beckham Signs for Salford City

Article excerpt

DAVID Beckham has joined his former Class of '92 team-mates as co-owner of Salford City.

Beckham has joined Gary and Phil Neville, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and Nicky Butt at the National League side.

The former England captain will secure 10 per cent of the club, making United's Class of '92 the majority shareholders with a 60 per cent stake. Businessman Peter Lim has the other 40 per cent.

"It is a proud moment for me to join Peter Lim and the Class of '92 lads as an owner of Salford City, it's a really special club and a special group of people," Beckham said. "My early years in Manchester were all spent in Salford. I grew up there in many ways, so to be able to finally join the lads and the club is a great feeling.

"Salford City has achieved so much success in a short space of time, the fans are incredible and I'm really excited to be spending more time in Salford again. …

Search by... Author
Show... All Results Primary Sources Peer-reviewed

Oops!

An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.