1. Crazy People (Paramount Studios, 1990).
2. For example, see Jack Hough, “Slogan's Heroes,” SmartMoney. com, May 26, 2004, www.smartmoney.com/stockscreen/index.cfm?story= 20040526intro&nav=RSS091; and the Motley Fool investment website, August 10, 2000, www.fool.com/news/foolplate/2000/foolplate000810.htm.
3. Vincent Canby, “Dudley Moore Acts Up in Tony Bill's 'Crazy People,'” New York Times, April 11, 1990, p. C16.
4. Maurice Babbis, “Tony Bill Talks about Crazy People,” Latent Image: A Student Journal of Film Criticism, Emerson College, May 1990, http://pages.emerson.edu/organizations/fas/latent_image/issues/1990–05/ crazy.htm.
5. Quotes collected in an online archive by jef I. Richards, “Advertising Quotes,” http://advertising.utexas.edu/research/quotes/Q100.html.
8. As described on the official website of Fox Home Entertainment, www.foxhome.com/capsule/rockhunt.htm.
9. Stephen Fox, The Mirror Makers: A History of American Advertising and Its Creators (New York: William Morrow, 1984), p. 206.