• In a republic, women, as human beings, deserve the same individual rights
owed to men.
• Women can and should participate beyond the private sphere of the
home, providing a moral vote on issues that they traditionally dominate.
• Women are morally superior to men, and as such a vote for women is a
vote for a better America. Women will support Progressive reforms such as
prohibition, child labor, pure food laws, and industrial legislation.
• The vote would enable women to have a say in the issues that directly af-
fect them and the family. Since women dominate the private sphere and
are directly affected by government regulations that pertain to family, chil-
dren, and home, they should be able to vote for the government officials
who make those regulations.
• Allowing women to vote will clean up politics. Women are naturally non-
partisan and morally superior. Therefore they will counter political corrup-
• (Argument used in the South) The vote for women (at least white women)
will offset the vote of black men and guarantee the continuation of white