1. Lynn, Classic of Changes, 62–65, modified.
2. See Hon, The Yijing and Chinese Politics, 3.
3. For different renderings of all sixty-four hexagram names, see http://chaocenter.rice.edu/Content. aspx?id=601.
4. Based on R. Wilhelm, I Ching, 200–201, but modified for clarity.
5. Ibid., 57–59; cf. Lynn, Classic of Changes, 216–21 and notes.
1. See the discussion in R. Smith, Fathoming the Cosmos, 241ff.
2. See R. Smith, Fortune-tellers and Philosophers, 120.
1. Lynn, Classic of Changes, 77; cf. R. Wilhelm, I Ching, 328–29.
2. On Shang oracle bone divination, see Keightley, Sources of Shang History.