Update Your Resume
1. You’ve been promoted! 2. Economic ups and downs in your industry mean you might be
subject to downsizing or a layoff.
3. You can do the job better than your boss. 4. Your contact information has changed, or you have a new cell
number, married name, address, or e-mail provider.
5. You are thinking about moving to a new city, state, or industry. 6. You have new career goals, aspire to a better position, or want to
transition to a different field.
7. Your education has changed; you’ve just gotten a new degree,
taken new classes, or been trained in a new skill.
8. It’s been more than two years since your last update. 9. You’ve been asked for your credentials for an award, board
position, membership, or networking opportunity.
10. You might be recruited when you least expect it.