WHether there be any Country in Christendom more capable of Improvement than Ireland?
2. Qu. Whether we are not as far before other Nations with respect to natural Advantages, as we are behind them with respect to Arts and Industry?
3. Qu. Whether we do not live in a most fertile Soil and temperate Climate, and yet whether our People in general do not feel great Want and Misery?
Qu. Whether my Countrymen are not readier at finding Excuses than Remedies? ∥
5. Qu. Whether it can be reasonably hoped, that our State will mend, so long as Property is insecure among us?
6. Qu. Whether in that case the wisest Government, or the best Laws can avail us?
7. Qu. Whether a few Mishaps to particular Persons may not throw this Nation into the utmost Confusion?
8. Qu. Whether the Public is not even on the Brink of being undone by private Accidents?
9. Qu. Whether the Wealth and Prosperity of our Country do not hang by a Hair, the probity of one Banker, the Caution of another, and the Lives of all?