Bosporus, University of the
University of the Bosporus, at İstanbul, Turkey; opened 1863 as Robert College, with funds contributed by Christopher R. Robert and other Americans for the higher education of Turkish men. Its name was changed in 1971. It has faculties of engineering, arts and sciences, economics and administrative science, and education. There are affiliated institutes of biomedical engineering and earthquake research and a school of foreign languages. Instruction is in Turkish and English.