Trade and Industrial Education Division Report
The Trade and Industrial Education Division is the third largest ACTE division with just over 4,100 members. As a service to its members, the division offers the inclusion of five affiliates:
* NASSTIE (National Association of State Supervisors for Trade and Industrial Education), Mr. Ralph Green, Director.
* NATIE (NatiOnal Association for Trade and Industrial Education, INC.), Mr. Robert Sherman, President.
* AATII (American Association for Trade and Industrial InstrUctors), Mr. James Thompson, President,
* NAITTE (National Association for Industrial and Technical Teacher Educators).
* SkillsUSA, Tim Lawrence; Executive Director.
The Trade and Industrial Education Division continues its quest to accomplish the goals set out by the division's strategic Plan of Activities over the past year, In support of the ACTE Strategic Plan, the Trade and Industrial Education Division exhibited much success in concentrating on the following areas: leadership development; strengthening and improving business and industry partnerships/relationhips; promotion and spotlighting ACTE and the value of career and technical education through national publications as well as SkillsUSA's impact on student's educational plans through local, state and national leadership and skills conferences; membership unity and awareness; and a strong effort for legislative advocacy. The following outlines the goals for the Trade and Industrial Education Division this year:
* Increase member understanding of and ability to become involved at the local; state and national levels. …