Byline: Thomas Walter, THE WASHINGTON TIMES
* The National Multiple Sclerosis Society needs volunteers to help with the MS Challenge Walk. Volunteers will host rest stops, drive support vehicles, manage overnight locations, encourage walkers and much more. Signed up crew member receive free lodging, meals and a T-shirt. For more information, call 703/836-2176.
* Inova HealthSource is recruiting 200 volunteers to staff flu clinics in late fall at various locations. Volunteers will work four-hour shifts and must attend a two-hour training session. For more information, call Marion Hart at 703/916-2885.
* Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing programs and services to people who are blind or visually impaired, is seeking adult and student volunteers in Greater Washington. For information, call Janell Jacobs at 202/454-6422.
* Gadsby's Tavern Museum in Old Town Alexandria is looking for volunteer tour guides for weekdays and weekends. No experience is necessary, just a love of history. For more information, call 703/838-4242.
* The Bead Museum is in need of volunteers to greet visitors and answer questions, operate the Museum Shop, provide tours, assist with public relations and volunteer recruitment, and much more. Washington, D.C. For more information, call 703/836-2176.
* The Clara Barton National Historic Site needs volunteers. Positions are available in the library, for tour guides and for providing assistance with school projects. For information, call park ranger Bob Carns at 301/492-6245.
* The Big Chair Chess Club, 4322 Sheriff Road NE, needs chess instructors, mentors and proposal writers. For more information, call 202/396-1780.
* Volunteer Maryland, an AmeriCorps program, is accepting applications from nonprofit and government agencies interested in becoming service sites. For information, or to receive an application packet, call 410/514-7270.
* The Washington Metropolitan Coalition of Volunteer Centers needs volunteers to collect school supplies for needy children. For more information, call 800/VOLUNTEER.
* The Prince George's County Department of Social Services has a variety of volunteer opportunities at various locations throughout the county. For more information, call 301/909-6319.
* The Anne Arundel County Department of Health offers substance-abuse treatment and referral services through Adult Addiction Services. …