How Does ACEI Help Children and Teachers?
ACEI conducts effective public advocacy to ensure that ACEI's positions are represented in a wide variety of public forums and among major coalitions for children and education. The Association works closely with other organizations to promote the rights of children and teachers.
UNITED NATIONS, ECOSOC, AND THE UN DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC INFORMATION (DPI)
ACEI is a nongovernmental organization (NGO) member of the United Nations. ACEI has consultative status with UNICEF, ECOSOC, and the UNDPI. ACEI's interests are represented by two delegates who are members of three working groups: Education, Girl Child, and Convention on the Rights of the Child.
NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR ACCREDITATION OF TEACHER EDUCATION (NCATE)
NCATE accredits schools, colleges, and departments of education in the United States that meet rigorous national standards in preparing teachers for the classroom. ACEI is a constituent member and currently holds seats on the Executive Board and Board of Examiners. Sixty-four ACEI members serve as volunteer Program Reviewers of institutions with elementary programs to ensure that they consistently meet NCATE Standards. ACEI also makes sure that the state partnerships with NCATE meet the same standards.
ACEI also has a strong affiliation with these organizations:
* Alliance for Curriculum Reform (ACR)
* Organisation Mondiale pour L'Education Prescolaire (OMEP)
* National Committee on the Rights of the Child
* Council of Organizations for the Professional Preparation of Educators (COPPE)
* Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations
* National Teacher of the Year Program
* Educational Resources information Center (ERIC)
* Elementary and Early Childhood Education (EECE Partner)
Vote for the Leaders of Your Choice
ACEI holds annual elections in the Fall. …