Best & Brightest
- Donna Garchie, daughter of Beverly Garchie of Schaumburg, was recognized for her academic work during the Celebration of Undergraduate Scholarship at Valparaiso (Ind.) University.
The Celebration is a conference that allows undergraduate students to showcase their creative and/or scholarly work and research in a professional format.
Garchie was acknowledged for her work on the group projects "Bias Motivated Incidents in Northwest Indiana" and "An Evaluation of Parks and Recreation in Valparaiso, Ind." She is a senior history and political science major.
- Jennifer M. Albig, daughter of George and Debbie Albig of Hoffman Estates, made the spring dean's list at MacMurray College in Jacksonville for maintaining a 3.5 or higher GPA for the semester.
A spring graduate, Albig majored in elementary education with a minor in psychology. She was active in the Phi Nu sorority.
Albig is a 2000 graduate of Fremd High School and was active all four years in soccer.
- Jennifer Froman of Elk Grove Village and Kelly Hassman of Hoffman Estates, both students in the Keller Graduate School of Management of DeVry University, were selected as recipients of the 2003-2004 Lee Hecht Harrison Human Resource Management Capstone Award, sponsored by New Jersey-based Lee Hecht Harrison, one of the largest firms in the career services industry.
The award is presented annually to the team of students from Keller Graduate School's master of human resource management degree program whose comprehensive plan best demonstrates the ability to integrate various dimensions of the human resource function to meet an organization's strategic goals and objectives. Froman and Hassman chose Nebraska-based ConAgra Foods as their model and developed a strategic human resource plan for the company.
Froman earned a master of human resource management degree from Keller Graduate School of Management of DeVry University in February after attending the Schaumburg center and graduating with distinction. Her teammate, Hassman, completed a master of human resource management degree at the Schaumburg center in July.
- Gaofeng Zhu of Schaumburg was awarded a master of business administration degree from Ball State University in Muncie, Ind., during the summer semester.
- Jantoya Royale Powell of Schaumburg was awarded a bachelor of arts degree Aug. 19 at the end of the summer term from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.
- Elizabeth Cashman of Schaumburg graduated from Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa, after the spring semester with a bachelor's degree in business administration. …