More Space for Kids and Classes Now at the JCC
Byline: Steve Zalusky
This week saw the opening of the expanded Jewish Community Center at Woodland Commons, now known as the Jacob Duman JCC.
With the expansion, the JCC now occupies 18,700-square-feet of property at the shopping plaza at Half Day Road and Buffalo Grove Road, and serves approximately 365 children through full-day child care, preschool, children's enrichment, and sports programs.
The newly completed space includes three additional full-day child care classrooms and a gym/multipurpose area for more children's enrichment and sports programs, Jewish cultural classes, holiday celebrations and adult education classes.
A perusal of one of the classrooms revealed the presence not only of a kitchen, but a children's bathroom area as well.
Buffalo Grove Daze: Local youth will be amply served at this weekend's Buffalo Grove Days. Bands include:
- Access Denied, featuring Joe Marcus, Brad Miller, Noelle Dupuis and Bill Poetker.
- 4FN, with Jon Gould, Nick, Capani, Tim Grudowski and Pat Howard.
- Lighthouse, with Kevin Seidl, Jake Abrams, Elliott Fitch and Max Bensen.
- Chad In Japan, with Brian Barberio, Kevin Barberio, Andrew Federer and Peter Bartels.
- Chimney Sweeps, with Jacob Lipp, Ghea Munier, Phillip Pascua, Nathan Christensen, Mark Rutkowski, Elliott Cellini and Derrick Krause.
Top Volunteer: Buffalo Grove resident Ron Ericksen will be among 34 senior citizens scheduled to receive the TRIAD Senior Citizen Volunteer Award. …