Featured Article Quiz #3; "Protecting Public Health in the Age of Bioterrorism Surveillance: Is the Price Right?"
Schneider, Helen, Journal of Environmental Health
Available to NEHA members only, the JEH Quiz, offered six times per calendar year through the Journal of Environmental Health, is a convenient tool for self-assessment and an easily accessible means to accumulate continuing-education (CE) credits toward maintaining your NEHA credentials.
It's a simple process....
1. Read the featured article carefully.
2. Select the correct answer to each JEH Quiz question.
3. a) Complete the online quiz at www.neha.org (click on "Continuing Education"),
b) Fax the quiz to (303) 691-9490, or
c) Mail the completed quiz to JEH Quiz, NEHA, 720 S. Colorado Blvd., Suite 970-S, Denver, CO 80246.
Be sure to include your name and membership number!
4. One CE credit will be applied to your account with an effective date of December 1, 2005 (first day of issue).
5. Check your continuing-education account online at www.neha.org.
6. You're on your way to earning CE hours!
Quiz deadline: March 1, 2006
1. Environmental surveillance is an effective preventive measure against a bioterrorist incident.
2. If the probability of a terrorist incident goes to zero, biological surveillance for biothreat agents will not be useful any longer.
3. All of the following are benefits of biological surveillance for biothreat agents except
a. prevention of potential secondary transmission.
b. early prophylaxis.
c. low time to detection.
d. low labor-intensity of the surveillance system.
4. Environmental surveillance for biothreat agents yields high benefits only if local authorities act quickly by initiating early prophylaxis.
5. The decision of individual cities to invest in biological surveillance for biothreat agents should be based on
a. the perceived threat of a bioterrorist incident.
b. the benefits of biological surveillance. …