Japanese, Russian and British Newspapers Added to LEXIS NEXIS
Mead Data Central's LEXIS/NEXIS services recently added more international newspapers online, which professionals worldwide will find of value. These additions complement an already impressive list of international newspapers, newswires, and broadcast transcripts. Highlights of the additions include:
* The Daily Yomiuri, published daily in Tokyo by Yomiuri Shimbun, provides in-depth news coverage of Japan in the English language. It is available online by 10 AM EST, 15:00 GMT/UTC on the day of publication in many of the NEXIS libraries.
* Asiaweek is now online for the first time. It is available within one week of publication. Asiaweek is published weekly in the editorial style of its parent company, Time, Inc., and covers international news, business, politics, technology, media, and human interest items.
* Tokyo Business Today is Japan's leading publication on business and finance. The magazine is available online two weeks before publication. This is Tokyo Business Today's first appearance in full-text on an online service.
* The Moscow Times, Russia's first and leading English language daily newspaper, is now online for the first time. It is available on the same day of publication in many of the NEXIS libraries. The paper has become a primary source of news to the growing number of foreign business people, diplomats, and journalists living and working in Moscow and St. Petersburg.
* The Daily Mirror and Sunday Mirror are now online for the first time in any database service. The Daily Mirror, one of Britain's largest tabloid newspapers, is available within 24 hours of publication in many of the NEXIS libraries. The Sunday Mirror is available within 72 hours. With the addition of these publications, the LEXIS/NEXIS services add to their growing collection of U.K. tabloids, such as The Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday, and The Evening Standard. …