Orbit-Questel Unveils New WWW Server
Orbit*Questel--an international online information company specializing in patent, trademark, chemical, sci-tech, business and news information--announced its new WWW server that provides a comprehensive grouping of intellectual property resources on the Internet, as well as information on Orbit*Questel's database offerings and capabilities.
This new service, which can be reached on the Intenet at: http://www.questel.orbit.com/patents/ was developed by the company's U.S. subsidiary in McLean, Virginia.
"The Internet is the network of the future, and the development of our new server is evidence of our commitment to providing our customers with valuable information via cutting edge technology," said Frederic Spagnou, managing director of Orbit*Questel. "Our WWW server differs from those developed by our competitors in that we have done more than just make our online service accessible via the Internet," said Spagnou. "By identifying, organizing, and grouping together existing intellectual property resources on the Internet that are often difficult to locate, Orbit*Questel's WWW server provides a unique and valuable one-stop resource to individuals interested in patents and trademarks."
Professionals can use the powerful hypertext links provided by the Orbit*Questel Patent and Trademark WWW server to:
* Conduct patent searches using a variety of free databases
* Consult readings about patent and trademark practices
* Locate and purchase books and manuals on patents and trademarks (co-sponsored by the University of California at Irvine)
* Identify and research patent agents and law firms with intellectual property practices
* Review the full-text of many intellectual property laws and treaties
* Browse through an archive of Internet intellectual property newsgroup (misc. …