Mike Morton sent numerous anagrams for "Star Wards, Episode I: The Phantom Menace." [Copyright (c)1999 by the author, Mike Morton
Top Ten CINEMATIC Anagrams for "Star Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Menace":
10. Sweetish drama: poet, thespian, romance.
9. And WHOSE metaphor isn't a masterpiece?
8. Aesthete swept in epic drama: Rashomon
7. Swedish cinema, anathema to "proper" set.
6. Cinema as metaphor: Who isn't desperate?
5. Eastwood: "I threaten perp, smash cinema"
4. DeNiro: "Mean Streets" was macho epitaph
3. Western cinema: The drama! Pathos! Poise!
2. The essence: Adapt a timeworn aphorism.
And the number one CINEMATIC anagram:
1. Rashomon epic: A witness met rape, death.
Top Ten CRITIC'S POSITIVE Anagrams:
10. Don't hiss ... a metaphor, a new masterpiece.
9. Dominant masterpiece: We share pathos
8. Mandate praise: Shown hot masterpiece.
7. Oh, a new masterpiece! Thespian stardom!
6. Showman is adept: Another masterpiece.
5. Now praise that handsome masterpiece.
4. Portents show: I made a masterpiece, Han!
3. Thespian was hot: A modern masterpiece.
2. Repeat smash with adept Oscar nominee
And the number one CRITIC'S POSITIVE anagram:
1. Ripe drama! Sweet pathos! Honest cinema!
Top Ten CRITIC'S NEGATIVE Anagrams:
10. Somewhat poetic sneer: "Drama? Thespian?"
9. What repeat Oscar nominee? Tepid smash.
8. He means: adapt cheap, timeworn stories.
7. Showpiece drama: Same rotten thespian.
6. Metaphor doesn't wash in a masterpiece.
5. Drama somewhat "epic"? Thespian to sneer.
4. Masterpiece? Instead, shown a metaphor
3. Mean, cheap, he adapts timeworn stories.
2. A theme. A tempo. Not a "Cries and Whispers".
And the number one CRITIC'S NEGATIVE anagram:
1. Emphasis: A masterpiece? Rotten, and how!
Top Ten SCIENCE FICTION Anagrams:
10. Martian: "We'd respect, hate homo sapiens"
9. Happenstance is remote asteroid--wham!
8. Somewhat ardent hope: Martian species?
7. Earthmen swear to dominate spaceship.
6. Martian decree: "Homo sapiens? What pets!"
5. Escape asteroid with smart phenomena.
4. Earthmen eradicate snappish twosome.
3. Homo sapiens met sapient hardware, etc.
2. Martian species, somewhat death-prone.
And the number one SCIENCE FICTION anagram:
1. Sentient space-hemorrhoid ate a swamp.
Top Ten STAR WARS Anagrams:
10. Einstein's memo: We approach Death Star
9. Nine episodes? What, me, a Mr. Catastrophe?
8. Empire Death Star weapon: Macintosh SE?
7. Worse epic: Death Star on amphetamines
6. Someone panics: "What Empire Death Star?"
5. Star wars, Episode One: Cheap MIT anthem.
4. Misshapen mice now operate Death Star
3. Media see hope: inane http://starwars.com
2. A new epic: Homer Simpson ate Death Star
And the number one STAR WARS anagram:
1. Death Star: Weapon? Metaphoric nemesis?
Top Ten WEIRD Anagrams:
10. Sweat, perspiration: a home-made stench
9. A chemist: "We eat Pert shampoo-and-rinse"
8. Demonstrate each passionate whimper. …