NWRB Lowers Water Allocation for Metro Manila

Manila Bulletin, May 31, 2010 | Go to article overview

NWRB Lowers Water Allocation for Metro Manila


The National Water Resources Board (NWRB) will re-implement a lower domestic water allocation for Metro Manila effective June 1, due to the continuous decline in the water level of Angat Dam.The NWRB, the lead government agency that regulates the country's water resource, will re-implement 35 cubic meters per second allocation for the domestic water supply of 12 million Filipinos in Metro Manila.Engr. Jorge Estioko, chief water resources development officer of the NWRB, said the water allocation for Metro Manila has been reduced to 3,024 million liters per day (MLD) from 3,197 MLD to ensure continuous water supply from Angat Dam for Metro Manila until end of June or the start of rainy season.About 97 percent of water source in Metro Manila comes from Angat Dam, while the remaining 3 percent are sourced from deep wells.The NWRB also aims to ensure that Angat Dam's water level will not fall below 160 meters by the end of June because the water outlet going to Metro Manila operates above a 160-meter level of Angat Dam.Angat Dam is currently operating under critical level of 167.68 meters above sea level (masl), or 16.01 meters short of its normal operating level.Estioko noted that the current water elevation is lower by 46 centimeters from the previous level of 168. …

The rest of this article is only available to active members of Questia

Already a member? Log in now.

Notes for this article

Add a new note
If you are trying to select text to create highlights or citations, remember that you must now click or tap on the first word, and then click or tap on the last word.
One moment ...
Default project is now your active project.
Project items

Items saved from this article

This article has been saved
Highlights (0)
Some of your highlights are legacy items.

Highlights saved before July 30, 2012 will not be displayed on their respective source pages.

You can easily re-create the highlights by opening the book page or article, selecting the text, and clicking “Highlight.”

Citations (0)
Some of your citations are legacy items.

Any citation created before July 30, 2012 will labeled as a “Cited page.” New citations will be saved as cited passages, pages or articles.

We also added the ability to view new citations from your projects or the book or article where you created them.

Notes (0)
Bookmarks (0)

You have no saved items from this article

Project items include:
  • Saved book/article
  • Highlights
  • Quotes/citations
  • Notes
  • Bookmarks
Notes
Cite this article

Cited article

Style
Citations are available only to our active members.
Buy instant access to cite pages or passages in MLA, APA and Chicago citation styles.

(Einhorn, 1992, p. 25)

(Einhorn 25)

1. Lois J. Einhorn, Abraham Lincoln, the Orator: Penetrating the Lincoln Legend (Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 1992), 25, http://www.questia.com/read/27419298.

Cited article

NWRB Lowers Water Allocation for Metro Manila
Settings

Settings

Typeface
Text size Smaller Larger Reset View mode
Search within

Search within this article

Look up

Look up a word

  • Dictionary
  • Thesaurus
Please submit a word or phrase above.
Print this page

Print this page

Why can't I print more than one page at a time?

Help
Full screen

matching results for page

    Questia reader help

    How to highlight and cite specific passages

    1. Click or tap the first word you want to select.
    2. Click or tap the last word you want to select, and you’ll see everything in between get selected.
    3. You’ll then get a menu of options like creating a highlight or a citation from that passage of text.

    OK, got it!

    Cited passage

    Style
    Citations are available only to our active members.
    Buy instant access to cite pages or passages in MLA, APA and Chicago citation styles.

    "Portraying himself as an honest, ordinary person helped Lincoln identify with his audiences." (Einhorn, 1992, p. 25).

    "Portraying himself as an honest, ordinary person helped Lincoln identify with his audiences." (Einhorn 25)

    "Portraying himself as an honest, ordinary person helped Lincoln identify with his audiences."1

    1. Lois J. Einhorn, Abraham Lincoln, the Orator: Penetrating the Lincoln Legend (Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 1992), 25, http://www.questia.com/read/27419298.

    Cited passage

    Thanks for trying Questia!

    Please continue trying out our research tools, but please note, full functionality is available only to our active members.

    Your work will be lost once you leave this Web page.

    Buy instant access to save your work.

    Already a member? Log in now.

    Author Advanced search

    Oops!

    An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.