Byline: Mike Harris
1. Identify the only two Carry On films whose titles did not contain either of these title words.
2. "The *********** was a Christian movement of the 1500s. Its followers criticised the Catholic Church for corruption and called for radical reform." Complete the sentence with one of these words i) Redemption, ii) Reformation, iii) Renaissance, iv) Restoration, or v) Resurrection 3. What, in golf, is known as, 'the fateful step'? 4. How many noughts are there in a decillion ? Is it, 13, 23 or 33? 5. Identify those post-war US vice-presidents who went on to become full-blown leaders of their country. 6. These Scottish islands are divided equally between Inner and Outer Hebridean Islands - which belongs where ? Barra, Harris, Islay, Jura, Lewis, Mull, Rum, Skye, Stornaway and Taransay.
7. What is the national dance of Argentina? 10. The abbreviations in full are: i) double-fronted, ii) en suite, iii) freehold, iv) first-time buyer, v) leasehold, vi) overnight storage central heating, vii) off-street parking, viii) per annum or exclusive, ix) purpose-built and x) planning permission. QUIZOPEDIA ANSWERS Mike Harris 8. In the world of geography, in what specific ways are Canada and Monaco the opposite ends of a spectrum ? 9. Of which US First Lady did the Democratic Presidential candidate, Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965) say so eloquently at her 1962 death: "She would rather light a candle than curse the darkness and her glow warmed the world."
10. The following are examples of Property Advert Speak. Of what are they abbreviations ? df, es, fh, ftb, lh, osch, osp, pax, pb and pp destined for success and begins confidently to follow its journey to the hole only to find that it doesn't drop. The message is do not appear to be overconfident, wait for success to occur, don't anticipate it. 4. 33 or, 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.
6. Inner Hebrides - Islay, Jura, Mull, Rum and Skye. …