* Vandals shattered the rear driver's-side window on a 2002 Chevrolet Venture on the 100 block of Egan between midnight and 5 a.m. July 16.
* Burglars stole two bicycles out of an open garage and a cell phone and $120 out of an unlocked vehicle in the garage at a home on the 100 block of Jasmine between 7 and 9:30 p.m. July 26.
* Genaro Cazares-Rodriquez, 18, of the 300 block of Melrose, Elgin, was arrested around 8:40 p.m. July 26 on the 800 block of Miller Avenue and charged with possession/consumption of alcohol. His court date is Aug. 16.
* Burglars stole a computer, monitor, two printers, VCR, video-game system, controllers, several games and 10 pairs of women's jeans out of a townhouse between July 21 and 23 on the 1700 block of McKool Avenue. The house was damaged earlier by a fire that swept through the townhouse complex.
* Thieves stole a trash can valued at $150 at a home on the 700 block of Surrey Court between 9 a.m. July 23 and 8:15 a.m. July 24.
* Vandals hurled a brick through a front picture window at a house on the 4000 block of Club Tree Drive between midnight and 2:35 a.m. July 25.
* A man was tricked into sending $7,481 to several accounts through Western Union around July 17. The victim had applied for a job through a website. He received nine Moneygram checks and was instructed to deposit them into his bank account. Total value was $8,370. He was told to send 90 percent of the money to the accounts. His bank notified him that the checks were counterfeit.
Elk Grove Village
* Thieves stole two tires off a 2002 Volvo tractor truck and three tires off the trailer in a lot at 820 Greenleaf Avenue between 7 p.m. July 16 and 7 a.m. July 17. Value was estimated at $1,750.
* Thieves stole the rear outside tires off three Peterbilt trucks at No Boundaries Trucking, 1390 Louis Ave., overnight July 15-16. Value was estimated at $1,500. …