* Pulitzer Prize-Winning Film Critic and Author Roger Ebert Signs Copies of His
* Pulitzer Prize-winning film critic and author Roger Ebert signs copies of his book "The Pot and How to Use It: The Mystery and Romance of the Rice Cooker and Great Movies III" at noon Friday, Oct. 22, at Borders Books and Music, 150 N. State St., Chicago. (312) 606-0750.
* The Ela Area Public Library in Lake Zurich hosts an author event with New York Times best-selling author James Swanson at the Kemper Lakes Golf Club, 24000 N. Old McHenry Road, Kildeer. Swanson will read from his latest release, "Bloody Crimes: The Chase for Jefferson Davis and the Dead Pageant for Lincolns Corpse," and take questions from the audience from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 23. The event includes a breakfast buffet and a copy of "Bloody Crimes." The cost is $30 per person. Register with the library by calling (847) 438-3433 or in person at the Ela Area Public Library at 275 Mohawk Trail in Lake Zurich. Swanson will also discuss his book from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 23, at the Vernon Area Public Library District, 300 Olde Half Day Road, Lincolnshire. A book signing will follow the program. Books will be available for purchase at the event. The event is free and open to the public, but space is limited. Registration is required. Call or register in person at the adult services desk. (847) 634-3650 or vapld.info.
* "Lucy" author Laurence Gonzalez reads from and signs copies of his new novel at 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 23, at Andersons Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665.
* Young adult author Wendy Delsol reads from and signs copies of her debut novel, "Stork," at 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 23, at the Book Stall, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880.
* Chicago-area poet Gene McCormick will sign copies of his latest collections of stories and poems, "Livin the Blues at Cranky Jacks Bar & Grill" and "Naked Skeletons," from 3 to 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 23, at Lins Garden, 2400 E. Main St. #102, St. Charles. Free and open to the public. (630) 513-6060 or linsgarden.com.
* Author Michael Hirsch discusses his book, "The Liberators: Americas Witnesses to the Holocaust," at 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 24, at the Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center, 9603 Woods Drive, Skokie. Admission is free with paid $8-$12 museum general admission. Reservations are recommended. (847) 967-4889 or ilholocaustmuseum.org.
* Stephanie Hemphill reads from and signs copies of her new book for young adults readers, "Wicked Girls," at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 25, at Andersons Bookshop at 123 W. …