Country's Top Exports Who've Taken Business World by Storm; the Welsh Diaspora Has Always Had an Influence Greater Than Its Profile and Numbers Would Suggest. Here We List 13 Executives and Entrepreneurs of Welsh Origin Currently Making Their Mark on the International Stage
* Sir Terry Matthews Newport-born Sir Terry is a serial hi-tech entrepreneur who has founded 82 companies all over the world.
While he has considerable business interests in Wales, he has a string of hi-tech companies in North America His biggest deal was the sale of Newbridge Networks to Alcatel for $7bn.
* Sir Howard Stringer Barry-born Sir Howard holds the three senior offices at Japanese Sony Corporation.
He has been chairman and chief executive officer since 2005 and added the title of president in 2009.
Sir Howard also serves as chairman and CEO of Sony Corporation of America, as well as corporate head of Sony Corporation's Entertainment Business Group.
* Michael Moritz Former Google director Michael Moritz was born in Cardiff.
His investments read like an A-Z of internet companies, including Apple, Cisco, eToys, Google, PayPal, Webvan, Yahoo!, YouTube and Zappos.
* Peter Swinburn (above) Born in Penywaun, near Aberdare, he heads Coors, one of the world's largest brewing combines.
He has been in the beer industry for more than 30 years and has established a worldwide presence for Molson Coors, introducing it into emerging markets such as Mexico and Asia.
* Lyndon Faulkner Born in the city of Newport, Faulkner is president and CEO of Pelican Products, a plastic injection moulded protective case company.
A former Newport and Pontypool rugby player, his CV includes stints as a senior executive with entertainment company Technicolor Corporation and Microsoft.
* Gren Thomas Swansea-born Gren Thomas began his career as a 16-year-old coal miner before moving to Canada.
His Aber Diamond Corporation developed the Diavik mine in Arctic Canada into one of the world's richest diamond mines, producing annually more than 10 million carats, worth an estimated $800m-$900m.
* Keith Griffiths Born in St Davids, Keith set up an architectural practice in Hong Kong in 1985. …