The Global Financial Crisis
The NBER held a conference on "The Global Financial Crisis" in Bretton Woods, NH on June 3 and 4, 2011. NBER Research Associates Charles Engel of the University of Wisconsin, Kristin Forbes of MIT, and Jeffrey Frankel of Harvard's Kennedy School organized the meeting and chose the following papers for discussion:
* Bergljot Barkbu and Ashoka Mody, IMF, and Barry Eichengreen, University of California at Berkeley and NBER, "International Financial Crises and the IMF: What the Historical Record Shows"
* Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan, University of Houston and NBER; Bent Sorensen, University of Houston; and Sevcan Yesiltas, Johns Hopkins University, "Leverage across Firms, Banks, and Countries"
* Kristin Forbes, and Francis E. Warnock, University of Virginia and NBER, "Capital Flow Waves: Surges, Stops, Flight, and Retrenchment"
* Carol Bertaut, Laurie Pounder DeMarco, Steve Kamin, and Ralph Tryon, Federal Reserve Board, "ABS Inflows to the United States and the Global Financial Crisis"
* Galina Hale, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, "Bank Relationships, Business Cycles, and Financial Crisis"
* Nicola Cetorelli, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, and Linda S. Goldberg, Federal Reserve Bank of New York and NBER, "Liquidity Management of U.S. Global Banks: Internal Capital Markets in the Great Recession"
* Andrew K. Rose, University of California at Berkeley and NBER, and Mark M. …