* Author, Cross-Cultural Psychologist and Marketing Consultant Dinesh Sharma Dis
* Author, cross-cultural psychologist and marketing consultant Dinesh Sharma discusses his book "Barack Obama in Hawaii and Indonesia: The Making of a Global President" at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 21, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
* Husband-and-wife author and illustrator Tadand France Mitchell sign
copies of their book "Where is the Sears Tower?" from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22, at Conant High School's 32nd Annual Craft Fair at James B. Conant High School, 700 E. Cougar Trail, Hoffman Estates. Admission is $1. For information, call Tracy at (847) 755-3600.
* New York Times best-selling historical author Philippa Gregoryreads from and signs copies of her new book, "The Lady of the Rivers," at 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 23, at Wentz Concert Hall and Fine Arts Center at North Central College, 171 E. Chicago Ave., Naperville. Tickets cost $30 and are available at Anderson's Bookshop in Naperville at 123 W. Jefferson Ave. Tickets include admission, a spot in the book-signing line and one copy of the book. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
* Author and attorney Kenneth N. Green discusses and signs copies of his book "I'm From Division Street" on Sunday, Oct. 23, at Congregation B'nai Tikvah, 1558 Wilmot Road, Deerfield. The evening begins with refreshments at 7 p.m. The program begins at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $6 per person. Call (847) 945-0470 for reservations. Green will also discuss and sign his book for a Hadassah North Shore Chapter program for the public at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25, at the office center building at 3000 Dundee Road, Suite 313, Northbrook. Refreshments will be served. $6 per person or $10 per couple. Call (847) 205-1900 or email email@example.com.
Greenwill also be on hand to discuss and sign his book at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 26, at the Lincolnwood Public Library, 4000 W. Pratt Drive, Lincolnwood. Free tickets are available at the library. For information, call (847) 677-5277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Vernon Area Public Library District hosts its "Women Writers on Women's Issues: Author Panel & Afternoon Tea" from 2 to 4 p.m. Monday, Oct. 24, at the Arboretum Club, 401 Half Day Road, Buffalo Grove. Four novelists from publisher Simon & Schuster take part in a panel discussion about issues facing women including marriage, parenting, a midlife crisis and more. Authors Ellen Hopkins ("Triangles"), Amy Hatvany ("Best Kept Secret"), Lisa Tucker ("Winters in Bloom") and Sarah Pekkanen ("Skipping a Beat") take part. …