Instructional Media Initiatives: Focusing on the Educational Resources Center at Thirteen/WNET, New York, New York: Teaching & Learning Celebration
Donlevy, Jim, International Journal of Instructional Media
Thirteen/WNET (www.thirteen.org) and WLIW21 (www.wliw.org) will host the third annual Teaching & Learning Celebration March 7-8, 2008 in New York City. The two-day conference for educators will emphasize science and global awareness, and emphasize best practices in the use of technology. The event is expected to attract attendees from throughout the United States considering the range and quality of presenters. This article describes the Celebration including speakers, exhibitors and sponsors.
TEACHING & LEARNING CELEBRATION
The Celebration will include high-powered speakers, a Town Hall Meeting, PBS resources, student awards, demonstrations of cutting edge technology in the classroom, and more than 150 other exhibits. Some featured presenters include:
* Ann Curry, news anchor,
* Jean Michel Cousteau, ocean explorer;
* Dalgit Dhaliwal, Wide Angle;
* Jane Goodall, renowned primatologist;
* Megan McCormick, Globe Trekker;
* Alek Wek, international supermodel and author; and
* Drs. Gwen Wright and Jukufu Zuberi, History Detectives. In addition to an array of first-rate speakers, there will be numerous exhibits featuring exciting products and services for the education community. Among others, colleges, universities, publishers, professional organizations, and Celebration sponsors will host exhibits.
The Thirteen/WNET and WLIW21 Teaching & Learning Celebration sponsors include:
* Founding Sponsor: JP Morgan Chase;
* Premier Sponsors: National Education Association, New York State United Teachers, SMART Technologies, United Federation of Teachers;
* Major Sponsors: Adobe/Adobe Youth Voices, Apple, Inc. …