How Resilient Are You?
Answer each question True or False. If you are tempted to think long and hard about a question, or if you feel that there are too many nuances and exceptions, resist. The most accurate results come from making a snap judgment about whether a question is True or False about you.
1. If I have a minor disagreement with a close friend or spouse--closer to "No, it's your turn to do the dishes" than "You cheated on me?!"--it typically leaves me out of sorts for hours or longer.
2. If another driver uses the shoulder to zoom up to the front of a long line of traffic waiting to merge, I am likely to shake it off easily rather than fume about it for a long time.
3. When I have experienced profound grief, such as the death of someone close to me, it has interfered with my ability to function for many months.
4. If I make a mistake at work and get reprimanded for it, I can shrug it off and take it as a learning experience.
5. If I try a new restaurant and find that the food is awful and the service snooty, it ruins my whole evening.
6. If I'm stuck in traffic because of an accident up ahead, when I pass the bottleneck I typically floor it to vent my frustration but still see the inside. …