* The Fox Valley Mixers Square Dance Club will hold its New Year's Gala Fest today at Trinity Lutheran Church, 405 S. Rush St., Roselle. Howard Hoffman will call the round dancing at 8:30 p.m., followed by the square dancing, called by Bobby Poyner and Jimmy Robison, starting at 9 p.m. It will be a combined dance with Yellowrockers and Downers Grove Square Thrus. Tickets to the dance and buffet are $16 per person. Visit foxvalleymixers. org. On Jan. 12, the Fox Valley Mixers Square Dance Club of St. Charles will present a "Snow Ball" at the Baker Community Center, 101 S. Second St., St. Charles. Bobby Poyner will call the square dances and Howard Hoffman will cue the round dances. Dancing begins a 8 p.m. and ends at 10:30 p.m. Everyone is welcome. The cost is $7 per person. On Jan. 26, Wally Smulson and Howard Hoffman will lead the square dancing and round dances.
* Country music star Lee Greenwood will ring in the New Year with a Chicago-area exclusive concert appearance at 8 p.m. today at the Norris Cultural Arts Center, St. Charles. Greenwood, best known for his patriotic anthem, "God Bless the U.S.A.," has won numerous industry accolades including Male Vocalist of the Year awards from the Academy of Country Music and the Country Music Association, a Grammy for Top Male Vocal Performance, and CMA Song of the Year for writing "God Bless the U.S.A." Main floor reserved seats at $75 and balcony reserved seats at $55 are available online at NorrisCulturalArts.com, by phone at (630) 584-7200 or at The Norris box office from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Also available is a special, limited VIP ticket package at $125, which includes priority parking and VIP seating in the first three rows, along with an exclusive intimate after-the-concert reception with Greenwood in The Norris gallery where attendees will meet and have a photo taken with Greenwood. VIP reception attendees also will receive an autographed copy of Greenwood's best-selling book, "Does God Still Bless the USA?", along with a surprise gift from the Norris Cultural Arts Center. The reception will serve desserts and specialty coffees. For information, visit NorrisCulturalArts.com.
* Ring in 2013 with comedian Michael Palascak who will be performing at 8 and 10:30 p.m. on New Year's Eve at Zanies Comedy Club at Pheasant Run Resort, 4051 E. Main St., St. Charles. Tickets are $30 for the 8 p.m. show and $40 for the 10:30 p.m. show, which includes party favors and a champagne toast at midnight. For information, call 630-584-6432 or visit pheasantrun.com.
* Join the Fox Valley Park District for an afternoon of New Year's Eve fun today at the Vaughan Athletic Center, 2121 W. Indian Trail, Aurora. Kids and adults can bounce in the inflatables, compete in the hula hoop contest, play games, participate in fitness demos and dance to the latest music with a live DJ spinning tunes. Join in the countdown to 2013 with a balloon drop at noon. Day-of registration is $10, and party favors and snacks are not available. To register, visit foxvalleyparkdistrict.org, using code #58704.
* CASA Kane County has days left to raise $250,000 to meet a $100,000 challenge grant from the Dunham Fund. Every dollar raised up to the $250,000, CASA Kane County will receive 40 cents on the dollar to support the organization's Program and Operational Endowment Fund. Last year, the Dunham Fund awarded a $500,000 grant to CASA Kane County in support of its Grow a Healthy Child Endowment Campaign. …